CURE-XF” is funded by H2020 (Marie Skłodowska-Curie Actions (MSCA) Research and Innovation Staff Exchange (RISE) Call: H2020-MSCA-RISE-2016). Project number: 734353
Project duration: 1 September 2017 – 31 August 2021
CURE-XF involves 18 partners from the following countries: Italy, France, Greece, Spain, Belgium, UK, Egypt, Morocco, Tunisia, Lebanon, Palestine and Iran.
In this project the different aspects of Xylella fastidiosa assessment and management (pathogen-hosts interaction, characterization, diagnosis, epidemiology, monitoring, etc) are tackled.
The objectives of CURE-XF are:
- To exchange the scientific capacities and novelties among the European Countries as well as between EU and third countries, in particular sensitive neighbor countries.
- To strengthen the knowledge and the know-how on Xf in third countries having intense exchange of plant material with Europe.
- To raise awareness in relation to Xf impacts and risks upon its establishment
The specific objectives of CURE-XF are:
- Strengthen preventive measures by consolidating expertise and awareness of plant health agencies, decision-makers and relevant stakeholders.
- Implement the knowledge on the Mediterranean crops and host species threatened by the further spread of Xf.
- Promote the use of advanced diagnostic tools for the detection and characterization of Xf and associated vectors.
- Consolidate innovative approaches for disease prevention, monitoring and control of Xf and associated vectors.
- Improving pest risk analysis, phytosanitary legislations and contingency measures for a safe plant material trade.
- Integrate with current platforms for adequate communication and dissemination ensuring an effective knowledge transfer among the various actors involved.
Source of funding
: European Union
: 1 777 500,00 €
- CNR - Italy
- UNIBA - Italy
- CRSFA - Italy
- INRA - France
- CSIC - Spain
- UCL - U.K.
- NERC - U.K.
- RUSSEL - Italy
- CIHEAM Bari - Italy
- INRAT - Tunisia
- INRA Maroc - Morocco
- Islamic Azad University - Iran