‘Strengthening Knowledge Management for Greater Development Effectiveness in the Near East, North Africa, Central Asia and Europe’ is a grant project led by the International Center for Agricultural Research in the Dry Areas (ICARDA) and funded by the International Fund for Agricultural Development (IFAD). The project also works jointly with international partners such as Virginia Tech, CIHEAM Bari, PROCASUR as well as National Agricultural Research Systems (NARS), governments, and agricultural extension services in Moldova, Morocco and Sudan.
This project facilitates and supports the knowledge management and capacity development activities in 3 selected countries (with the possibility of including two more countries). Increasing the capacities of public institutions involved in this work, by providing necessary structures and systems at country and regional level, will ensure effective management of knowledge being developed for longer term growth and development.
Develop effective and long-term knowledge management-related capacities in target countries
- Assess capacity and enhance knowledge management skills of key rural institutions and other stakeholders in Moldova, Morocco, Sudan (with the possibility of including two more countries);
- Foster and promote knowledge exchange across in-country, cross-country and trans-regional partners to foster knowledge uptake, transfer and management
- KM capacity assessment for enhanced formulation of learning needs
- Capacity development and knowledge systematization
- Enhanced regional knowledge exchange.
Source of funding
: International Fund for Agricultural Development (IFAD)
: 1 875 243,00 €
- International Center for Agricultural Research in the Dry Areas (ICARDA) - Lebanon
- Virginia Tech - U.S.
- PROCASUR - Chile