This initiative was designed to support the sustainable development of coastal communities in Medenine and Gabes, and create a planning system for participatory and integrated development of coastal areas that will serve as a framework for future initiatives and actions in five governorates (Bizerte, Gabes, Medenine, Nabeul, Sfax)
- Improve the resilience of coastal communities through the integrated and sustainable management of natural resources and participation in local development.
- Improve and diversify the production and incomes of fishing operators and coastal communities in the governorates of Gabes and Medenine, with the dual objective of reducing poverty by improving access to support services and management, but also through concrete financial instruments that target the weakest categories: young people and women.
- Strengthen capacities for sustainable coastal planning in the 5 pilot regions (Médenine, Gabes, Nabeul, Sfax, Bizerte), stemming from the need to offer decision-makers and donors coastal local development plans drawn up by the community with the community and for the community. This opportunity also arises to improve institutional capacity building, which governance often considers as cause of social exclusion and poverty.
- Institutional Capacity Building and Lobbying
- Enhancing Professional Schools and Training Centers
- Improvement of Fishermen's infrastructure (Donation)
- Co-management and certification of clams
- Training and Technical Assistance
- Funding and supporting new income-generating activity (especially start-up managed by young people and women)
- Financing of Masterplan drafting
TYPE OF SERVICES PROVIDED
- Operational plan
- Inception report
Source of funding
: Italian Cooperation
: 5 000 000,00 €
- National Gene Bank of Tunisia (BNG) - Tunisia