- About us
- CAPMED 2025
THE CIHEAM Action Plan For the Mediterranean 2025 (CAPMED2025)
All the activities of the CIHEAM rely on a BOTTOM-UP COLLABORATION approach and are PROBLEM-SOLVING oriented, connected to the peculiar needs of the countries.
CIHEAMs missions are structured around 4 PILLARS of developpement and divided into 15 THEMATIC PRIORITIES.
The CIHEAM strategic agenda 2025 and its action plan aims to contextualise the United-Nations Agenda 2030 for Sustainable Development, to the Mediterranean Region and to specific domains.
15 THEMATIC PRIORITIES
Protecting the Planet “by Combating Triple Waste”
- Sharing knowledge and defending traditional knowhow
- Managing natural resources and energy (water, soil forests, energy, biodiversity…)
- Reducing agricultural losses and food waste throughout food chains
- Promoting the Mediterranean diet
- Enhancing agro-ecological practices
- Improving food safety and quality
- Increasing access to food
- Youth employment and life-long learning
- Development of rural and coastal regions
- Gender Equality and vulnerable groups participation
- Emergence of smart rural territories and of inclusive agriculture and fishery models
- Population mobility and migration
- Climate change mitigation and adaptation solutions
- Animal and plant health
- Agricultural markets